Alan J. Robinson brings over 30 years of security/law enforcement experience to the security, safety, fire safety, emergency management field. He is a former Supervisor, Protection Services for Disney-ABC, Inc. in New York, where he coordinated the security of millions of dollars in equipment for both Reagan Presidential Inaugurations. While at Disney-ABC he was credited with creating the first hostage negotiation training class after an incident at ABC News in Washington, D.C.
For the past 25 years, he has been the Director of Protection and Security Services/Emergency Management for Atlantic Health System; a hospital system based in New Jersey where he manages: Public Safety and Security, Fire/Life Safety, Emergency Management, Investigations, and Special Events for a healthcare system that includes:
- Approximately 10 million square feet of physical plant and campus, spread throughout New Jersey. These one-hundred plus facilities include:
- Morristown Medical Center – a 635-bed, Joint Commission accredited, Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and a Level II by the State of New Jersey. It has the largest cardiac surgery center in the State. Ranked by US News as the best hospital in three specialties: cardiology & heart surgery, geriatrics, and gynecology.
- Overlook Medical Center – a 535-bed Joint Commission accredited, nationally recognized regional medical center. Recognized by US News as the best regional hospital in seven specialties: gastroenterology and GI surgery, geriatrics, gynecology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, pulmonology, and urology.
- Chilton Medical Center – a 260-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital representing 60 medical specialties including an award winning stroke center.
- Newton Medical Center – a short term, acute care 165-bed hospital located in Northwestern New Jersey that provides prevention, emergency services, inpatient and outpatient surgery, state-of-the-art diagnostic programs, rehabilitation services and aftercare support.
- Hackettstown Medical Center – a short term, acute care 111-bed hospital located located in the northeast corner of Warren County, close to both the Morris and Sussex county lines. Hackettstown Medical Center is a state-of-the-art, acute care, not-for-profit community medical facility.
- The Goryeb Children’s Hospital – a state-designated 77-bed children’s hospital providing state-of-the-art healthcare for children from birth through age 21 in a healing, family-centered environment. The hospital includes more than 100 board-certified physicians in 20 pediatric specialties.
- New York Jets – Official Healthcare Partner.
Mr. Robinson directly and indirectly manages over one-hundred (100) security officers, investigators, fire safety officers, emergency management officers, and contract law enforcement officers.
He has successfully navigated numerous external agency regulatory compliance surveys including those from the “Joint Commission,” State Department of Health, New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and New Jersey Office of Counter-Terrorism, and is currently the Chairman of the AHS:
- Occupational Health and Safety Committee;
- Emergency Management Committee; and
- Workplace Violence Committee.